Thursday, October 4, 2018

Historic U. S. 6 Route Sign – Vermilion

Since all my topics this week have been located right on U. S. Route 6 from Avon Lake to Vermilion, today's post is a nice capper.

While out and about in Vermilion last weekend, I noticed this brand new Historic U. S. 6 Route sign on Liberty Avenue, just a few yards west of Moes Marine. It’s a thing of beauty for Route 6 buffs like me.

So where did the sign come from? I didn’t find any mention of it on any of the online news sites, but it is most likely courtesy of the U. S. Route 6 Tourist Association. The Association is currently working with Route 6 States to solicit donations for the purchase and installation of Historic U. S. Route 6 signs to be located along the pre-1956 alignment of the highway.

Anyway, between the new sign and the Grand Army of the Republic Highway signs already installed, it’s really great to see my favorite highway getting so much historic attention.

No comments: