Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oberlin Avenue Farmhouses Part 3

Here's the last of the three farmhouses that I identified in that 1924 aerial shot of Oberlin Avenue a few days ago. It's address is 2904 Oberlin Avenue. The above recent aerial view gives you its location (it's the one on the left) relative to the house I discussed on Tuesday.

Here's the 1924 aerial view of the house at 2904 Oberlin Avenue. That's a creek running right behind it, which probably came in handy on a farm.


You might remember that I blogged about this house a few years ago (back here). It appeared in an ad for Kucirek Construction.
According to their ad, Kucirek Construction purchased 24 acres of land at Oberlin Avenue and 29th street and developed it as the Jo-Al-Mar Haven Subdivision. The area contained 94 lots and as of June 1955, 42 homes had been built and sold.

The farmhouse above had been renovated by the firm and became the home of Emil and Emily Kucirek, the husband and wife team of home builders.

A June 21, 1955 ad in the Lorain Journal featured the renovated home (below).

And here's the view from last weekend.

I remember this house from when I was a kid. I remember thinking that someone "rich" lived there because of those stately pillars! All I know is that it didn't look like the ranch we lived in!

It still looks like it's in great shape.

No comments: