Sunday, December 31, 2023

"Don't Meet '64 Head On!" Safety Ad – Dec. 28, 1963

 


Well, it's New Year's Eve – so I'd better post this before everyone heads out for a night of fun and frivolity. "Don't Meet '64 Head On!" is the theme of the annual, full-page safety ad, which ran in the Journal back on December 28, 1963.

No Grim Reaper this time, which is fine with me, as he made enough grisly appearances in these things over the years. The image of the wrecked cars is pretty effective on its own.

Looking at the list of sponsors, I was hoping that there would be a few businesses from 1963 that were still around. But as usual, only a few successor companies (banks, car dealerships and utilities) managed to survive the last sixty years. I'm just glad I have!

Anyway, as the ad says, "Don't have a smashing New Year!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me Lorain Slag is out of business! Where do people get their slag now? Some big eastern corporate slag conglomerate?