Thursday, March 29, 2018

Easter Time TV Listings – 1963

Anyone who reads this blog knows I like to post vintage Lorain Journal TV listings from time to time, especially if they include a promotional photo for an upcoming animated program.

Thus, the one above from April 12, 1963 fills the bill nicely. It includes a promotional illustration of Pebbles, the Flintstone tyke, pulling a large Easter egg decorated with prehistoric animals. However, I was never a fan of Flintstones stories involving Pebbles and/or Bamm-Bamm. I’d much rather see an episode with Fred and Barney bowling, golfing or fighting.

There’s all sorts of fun things on the TV grid to jog your memories if you’re old enough (like a local channel actually signing on and off).

The TV listings actually fall within the timeframe of what I remember, since I was about four years old at the time. I do recall watching cartoons after dinner (such as Quick Draw McGraw at 7:00) and I'm one of the few people on the planet who remembers watching I'm Dickens, He's Fenster (which according to the listings came on right after The Flintstones).

4 comments:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

I remember "I'm Sickens, He's Fenster", starring John Astin and Marty Ingels. Also, I saw a listing for "B'wana Don", an all but forgotten WJW kiddie show. Have you ever done anything on it?

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Dan Brady said...

Sorry, Alan, never heard of B'wana Don, I must have been over at Barnaby's Party!
At least there are two of us who remember "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster."

Dan Brady said...

And Happy Easter to you too, I'll bet you celebrate it in Texas with some BBQ lamb brisket!

Anonymous said...

No, there are three of us who remember I'm Dickens, He's Fenster. I even tried to register a cocker spaniel with the AKC with that name. My ex however, nixed it. So I tried to just shorten it to Dickens, which she did not like either. We finally settled on another TV character - Belker.