Friday, March 29, 2013

1963 Hill's Easter Ad

Here's an Easter-themed ad for well-remembered Hill's Department Store (one of my favorite topics on this blog) out in South Lorain that ran on March 30, 1963 – fifty years ago this month.

It seems strange to see the words "South Lorain" in the ad.

I like the loose, sketchy style of the cartoon bunny. That particular illustrative style was creeping into ads and children's books about then; I guess it was a backlash against the rigid, inked line drawings that was so prevalent in 1950s advertising.

Anyway, Happy Easter everybody!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, Dan!

My Channel 19 weather app gives me a reading for South Lorain every now and then :)

Dan Brady said...

Thanks and Happy Easter to you too, Lisa! I wonder if your app gives the weather for Whiskeyville?