Monday, February 6, 2012

Phantom Signs

Last week I mentioned Forest City Auto Parts in a post, and after seeing some great photos on the internet of a shuttered Forest City outlet in Cleveland (featuring the long necked mascot), I wondered if maybe he was on the side of the building on the Lorain store.

I didn't find him on the side of the building, but I found something else. On the back of the building facing the alley was a nice 'ghost' sign revealing the location's heritage as a Studebaker dealer.


And while returning to my car, I noticed another indicator of what kind of brand of car Colgan Motor Sales sold there.


You see this kind of thing in Cleveland all the time. Here's a link to a Philco sign that was discovered back in 2008.

2 comments:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

There used to be a nice phantom sign on Broadway, just north of 15th, advertising Grand stoves.

Lisa said...

What a cool find, Dan!