Monday, October 19, 2009

Yala's Pizza Moving Poll

Hey, it's time once again to poll my loyal readers. So listen up, both of you!

I mentioned a few times recently that Yala's Pizza is thinking about moving. As recently as Saturday, as I was picking up my pizza I quizzed the young man behind the counter as to whether or not they're moving. He said that the employees aren't being told anything. So I guess it's a big secret.
So here's my poll question... would you be upset if Yala's Pizza moved? Be sure to vote in the poll at the top of my blog.
Here's the way I feel about it. I would be upset for several reasons. First of all, it would be abandoning a neighborhood that has taken it in the teeth the last few years. Second, it's farther away from their old-time customer base (I already drive in from Sheffield Lake, and am thinking of having a pizza warmer installed in my car as it is.) And lastly - I'm sure that it wouldn't taste the same.
And why do I say that? Because when I used to live on the east side of Lorain, we tried the Yala's Pizza on G. Street (I'm not sure if it's still there.) There was nothing about it that said "Yalas'" except the box.
I'm sure the owners have their reasons. For example, there's only about 3 parking spaces in front at their current location – less than your average donut shop! But as the saying goes... if the pizza ain't broke, don't fix it!
'Nuff said. Be sure to vote! (In the pizza poll, that is.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UH...they're still there...lol

Dan Brady said...

Yup. And you never know, maybe this poll had something to do with it!