Friday, May 29, 2015
Vintage Travelodge Guest Pak
This Travelodge Guest Pak is nicely designed, with Sleepy Bear on the lid, along with an area where the motel could imprint their name. In this case, the motel is the Ontario Travelodge at 755 N. Euclid in Ontario, California.
Here's what the motel looked like (below).
So what's in the Travelodge Guest Pak? Let's open it up and find out. My medicine cabinet is short a few things, maybe I can save a trip to the drug store!
• a two-ounce bottle of Lavoris (that is almost empty)
• a bottle of shampoo with no brand label – just directions on how to use it
• a bottle of Helene Curtis Conditioning Creme Rinse
• a little jar of Helene Curtis Suave Creme Hairdressing with Lanolin
• a bottle of Famel Syrup (for the relief of Coughs and Throat Irritations)
• a small tin of Stanback Analgesic Tablets
• a small plastic jar of Mum Deodorant with M-3
• an almost empty tube of Pacquins Hand Cream
• a tube of Ipana Toothpaste (with the marking NEW DESIGNS ADOPTED 1955)
On second thought, it's probably not a good idea to brush your teeth with 60-year-old toothpaste.
I'm fairly intrigued by some of the products. I wonder if the deodorant would still keep you dry? I guess Mum's the word on that.
Anyway, for more Guest Pak fun, another blogger (here) has some other samples.