So appropriately enough, I'll close out the week here on the blog with a full TV page from the Saturday, September 20, 1958 Lorain Journal.
Of course the item of interest for me is the photo of James Garner and accompanying promotional copy about Maverick, which was about to start its second (and most successful) season on ABC on Sunday.
Maverick has been the subject of several posts. It was, and still is, a Brady favorite.
I always enjoy looking at old TV grids; they remind me of how much simpler times were back then. I actually preferred not having as many choices as we do now. TV used to be a shared experience; we could all talk about it the next day. Nowadays, it's almost unlikely that everybody in a small group of people actually watched the same thing, with all the streaming possibilities.
Also on the page is a great ad for Charcoal Pit, the subject of a few posts as well. I like the clip art in the ad.




Being a particularly wizened (as opposed to wise) reader of these fine posts, this one was an exercise in nostalgia for me. I remember watching these various shows and even some of the old movies. Of course, Bret Maverick was a favorite. But I also notice Jack Benny had bother television and radio shows at the time (although I suspect the radio programs were repeats at that late date). The music shows were of particular interest to me, and I have records by most of the acts mentioned.
ReplyDeleteI do like the clip art, too, Dan. The chef again has three items of clothing that men never wore - a pouffy chef's hat, an apron and a bow tie.