Monday, October 24, 2022

Mill Hollow Autumn Shots

It was a beautiful weekend weather-wise. Although it's past-peak when it comes to leaves, there's still plenty of color to be seen and enjoyed.

I had only about an hour on Sunday to goof off, so I went down to Vermilion River Reservation to see what Mother Nature was doing at Mill Hollow. I walked around a little bit, and at the same time grabbed a couple shots of my favorite Lorain County Metro Park.

Mill Hollow and Bacon Woods in Autumn have been the subject of many posts on this blog over the years.

****
The rainy, windy days last week brought down a lot of leaves, and they're piled up on the grounds of my condo. The leaves are pretty deep on the sidewalk, but that's okay, because it's kinda fun to walk through them and kick them around. Makes you feel like a little kid.
Anyway, during my usual heavy reading right before I go to bed, I encountered the illustrated short story below, which is pretty appropriate right now. It's the inside front cover of Heckle and Jeckle No. 27 from August 1957.
I'm not sure who the nameless bulldog buddy is. It's not the mischievous magpies' usual menacing bulldog adversary. But the unseen Dimwit (whose lawn the birds are clearing of leaves) is the dopey dog who Heckle and Jeckle usually, er, heckle in the Terrytoon movie shorts.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan - you may not be aware that there is a really nice metropark right around the corner from you. Cassell Reservation is at the intersection of High Bridge Rd and Hilltop Dr. It's a walking trail that goes through the woods all the way to Sunnyside Rd. We walk our dog there all the time. A real hidden gem. Jim

Dan Brady said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Jim. I just noticed that park yesterday for the first time while I was driving on Sunnyside. I'll be sure to check it out!