Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The 103rd O.V.I. Then and Now

On April 3, 1967 this photo and caption appeared in the Lorain Journal. One of the oldest buildings on the 103rd O.V.I. grounds in Sheffield Lake was slated to be torn down, and was being used for training firemen.

I found a vintage reunion photo of the same building during my latest visit to the 103rd O.V.I. Civil War Museum in May (below).

And here is another view of the same building from a 1924 newspaper article that is also in the Museum.

And here is a long shot of the grounds now. The long-gone building was slightly to the east of the end of the driveway.
By the way, the Civil War Museum is open during the Pancake Breakfasts. Proceeds from the breakfasts help support the Museum, which is really pretty impressive and close to home to boot.

The next Pancake Breakfast is Sunday, September 18... don't miss it!

No comments: