Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ohio Fuel Gas Company Mystery Mascot

You first saw him – the Ohio Fuel Gas Company mascot – on my blog in the 1958 'Welcome to Lorain' Ford ad from a few days ago. Here he is again in a 1950 newspaper ad from the Lorain Journal, sporting a snappy moustache as a circus ringleader. (Give it a click so you can read it.)


I don't know if I like the idea of a gas refrigerator. At least I don't have to worry about my present refrigerator exploding. But the fact that a gas refrigerator is totally quiet is definitely an attribute. Ours makes so much noise that sometimes I wonder if it's haunted.

Unfortunately, there is nothing about this flame mascot in any of my advertising mascot books, or on the internet. It's pretty bad when the only thing that Google can find about him is my posting from a few days ago! I guess he will remain a nameless mystery until I can find some ad that hopefully reveals his name (if any).

No comments: