Paul Cuenin and Bill Bodnar had taken over operation of the service station located on the southwest corner of the intersection and were holding an open house of sorts. The ad for the big event ran in the Lorain Journal on April 11, 1957.
J. F. Medder was giving away the same glasses at his Sinclair station in Sheffield Lake in 1957, as was Bill Thomas at his Lorain Sinclair station.)
By 1962, the service station had become Bob & Bill’s Sinclair Service. Within a few years after that, it became just plain Bob’s Sinclair.
It appears that Bob ran the station for many years, switching to the Arco brand in the 1970s and Marathon in the 1980s. It remained open right into the 1990s, when its address was officially listed as 46005 Telegraph Road.
Today, the former service station at Routes 113 and 58 is shuttered.
|Courtesy Google Maps|