|A Lorain Journal ad from June 15, 1939|
Sometime around the mid-1950s, the word ‘Old’ was dropped from some ads and directory listings.
|1955 Lorain Telephone directory ad|
As Linda Harding mentioned in her reminisces, she watched the land adjacent to the Old Stone Villa being developed. The ad below for Jet Auto Sales, which ran in the October 30, 1958 Amherst News-Times, uses the Old Stone Villa as a landmark for directions to the car lot.
So does this August 4, 1960 Amherst News-Times ad for the Jet Auto Wash.
By 1968, promotion for the restaurant was going in a new direction. The ad below, which ran in the Lorain phone book that year, promotes the Stone Villa restaurant as the House of Beef.
By the time of the 1969 phone book, the ‘Stone Villa’ name was dropped and the restaurant was simply the House of Beef.
Next: the rest of the story