Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hoolihan & Big Chuck at Brookside High School – August 1975

Heather Feather
(Courtesy gulfcoast.prorasslin.net)
I already covered Ghoulardi's 1963 appearance in Lorain (back here) so it makes sense to do a post on a personal appearance of his late night TV successors – Hoolihan and Big Chuck. They appeared at Brookside High School as part of a night of big time wrestling action on August 24, 1975 – 39 years ago this month.

Headlining the show was Flying Fred Curry versus "Mad Dog" Zarnoff. Also on the card was "Wild Bull" Curry going up against former Ohio State football star Bob White.

A special tag team match featured female wrestlers teamed with midgets: 389-pound Heather Feather and Little Joe versus Marcia Rainbow and Pat Kennedy.

The McGuire Twins – listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the World's Heaviest Twins (each weighed more than 700 pounds) also made a special appearance, taking on The Assassins.

The McGuire Twins
Pound for pound, it sounds like quite a night of entertainment for a measly one dollar general admission ticket. Plus, you had the comic stylings of Hoolihan and Big Chuck.

Did anyone out there attend this gala event? If so, be sure to leave a comment!

1 comment:

Randall Chet said...

Wow, Hoolihan and Big Chuck were heroes of mine back in 1975 - I was 11 at the time. I guess I couldn't convince my dad to take me the Brookside! Interesting, the McGuire twins are legends here in Hendersonville, NC, I knew I saw their pic from somewhere in my youth.