Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Remember the Deutschof?

Last November, I received some great vintage photos in my email from Bob Kovach, one of the regular readers of this blog, that he thought I might enjoy. They were of a bar in Lorain that I had never heard of: the Deutschof.

The name sounded so German that I imagined that everyone who hung out there wore lederhosen. But Lorain already had the Liedertafel – so what was the story of the Deutschof?

I decided to do a little research about the place and find out when it existed before I posted the photos. It took a little while, but with some dumb luck I was finally able to dig up some information.

I also learned that the photos that Bob sent me had come from his friend Brad Nitzke, who has an interesting personal connection with the Deutschof.

So stop by here tomorrow (pour yourself a nice chilled Old Dutch first) and read Part 1 of mein story about the Deutschof!

No comments: