Friday, February 8, 2013

1956 Auto Show Motorama Queen and Runner-up Revealed

A few weeks ago I featured a full-page Lorain Journal ad for the Lorain City Automobile Dealers Association 1956 Auto Show. If you clicked on the ad and read some of the tiny type, you might have seen that one of the highlights of the event was the Coronation of the 1956 Auto Show Motorama Queen.

At the time of my post, I hoped no one would ask the name of the young lady who was crowned Queen, as I didn't know it. So naturally, someone (my brother) did.

So it was back to the dusty old microfilm at the library to find out.

As you can see from the caption for the photo above, the winner was a Lorain High School senior named Donna Marie Catalano of 313 W. 21st Street. Runner-up was Barbara Randolph of 334 Eight Street.

Now you know.

An article accompanying the photo described Miss Catalano as "an attractive brunette" and Miss Randolph as " a brown-haired beauty employed in the offices of the M. O'Neil Co."

Hopefully this post will extend the women's reign as 1956 Motorama Queen and Runner-up respectively a little longer in local memory.


1 comment:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

I believe I went to school with Ms. Catalano's younger sisters, or cousins.