Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Federal Savings of Lorain "Bails Out"



I received a nice letter the other day from First Federal Savings of Lorain explaining that the Broadway office would be closing as of the New Year. I'm not too surprised, but I feel a little responsible.

You see, for years – all through the late 80's, the 90's and well into the 2000's – I did all my banking at that branch. I'm the type of person who likes the ritual of going to the bank. I know it's old-fashioned, but it keeps the tellers employed and it's a habit that I just don't plan on abandoning.
Well, in the last few years I got tired of parking in the street in a bunch of broken glass, and then having to walk quickly to avoid various colorful street types who loitered outside the bank. The bank was never too busy either. So although Michele and the rest of the tellers at the Broadway office were a great bunch, I reluctantly started going to the Oberlin Avenue office, which is the one I grew up with anyway.
The closing of the Broadway office brings an end to the bank's presence in central Lorain, which is where it all started. It's too bad, but understandable.

No comments: