Monday, May 13, 2013

The Pizza Puppies Mascot!

Here's something I didn't know existed: a Brady's Restaurant ad featuring an advertising mascot for Pizza Puppies™, the special hotdog creation that was covered with pizza sauce and melted cheese.

The ad above appeared in the Lorain Journal on June 30, 1958.

I like the chef's hat-wearing doggie mascot. He looks sorta like a cousin to Rover, the Dog 'N Suds mascot.

Anyway, I'm continually impressed by the amount of advertising that Brady's Restaurant did in the Lorain Journal in the 1950s and 60s. It really imprinted the restaurant's name in the consciousness of the local citizenry to the point that even thought the restaurant has been closed for decades, I still get asked if I'm related to the Bradys who ran Brady's Restaurant.

No comments: