Monday, June 6, 2011

Church of the Redeemer Then and Now



We were fortunate to have a great weather weekend, so I was able to go out and grab a few 'then and now' photos. First up is the Church of the Redeemer at 647 Reid Avenue in Lorain.

The two vintage postcards are from the files of the Black River Historical Society, and I had made copies of them as a favor for some transplanted Lorainites in southern Ohio. I must confess that I didn't immediately recognize the little church in the photo.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the church is still there in 2011, and actually quite beautiful (see photo below). It is now know as the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer and it celebrated its centennial in 2004, according to this Morning Journal article.


It's great to see that the church has thrived for so long.

1 comment:

Loraine Ritchey said...

I wonder what happened to the gorgeous window in the older photos