Read all about it in the interesting article below, which appeared in the Lorain Journal on October 16, 1956.
Milan’s canal made the Journal again a year later, when it the paper printed the article below. It’s about the village’s first apartment house, built on the banks of the old canal. The article ran in the Journal on November 6, 1957.
And here’s a view of the apartments at 61 E. Front Street today, courtesy of Google Maps.