|For a while, the Pueblo even had a small nine hole golf course|
as advertised in this newspaper ad that ran on May 29, 1931
But the books that are available provide some information about the management and ownership of the restaurant. And advertisements for the Pueblo in the directories themselves, as well as local newspapers, also help to add to the story.
The 1931 edition has no listing of the Pueblo, but does list F. J. McFadden, the Pueblo’s owner, living at Stop 109, the address for the restaurant. McFadden continued to be listed as living at Stop 109 until the 1938 edition, when the McFaddens’ address was 442 Oberlin Avenue.
The 1937 City Directory includes an entry for the Pueblo with William Ceresa listed as the manager and also residing at Stop 109.
Here's an ad that ran in the Lorain Journal on June 4, 1937.
In the 1939-40 directory, Edward Moresi was the name associated with the restaurant. The listings by location shows that the Pueblo was the very last one for W. Erie Avenue heading west out of Lorain.
Although the 1940 directory had no listing for the Pueblo, newspaper ads show that it was still in business. Here’s a cute April 1941 newspaper ad (below).
In the 1942 City Directory, Edward Moresi was still listed with the Pueblo, although he did not live there (a family member did). The restaurant listing boasted, “Dine and Dance, Chicken, Steak, Fish, Frog Leg and Italian Spaghetti Dinners, Complete Bar and Table Service, We Cater to Weddings and Private Parties.”
Curiously, the 1945 listing for the Pueblo again had W. Ceresa’s name listed.
Here’s the ad that ran in the in that 1945 edition. Note how the Pueblo had come a long way from being a mere "barbecue sandwich shoppe."