Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Color 2012 – Round 1

Looking north along Elyria Avenue this past Saturday 
Well, it's been a pretty nice autumn so far around up here near the lake. Which makes me happy, since it's my favorite season.

Looking west on Griswold this past Saturday
For the last few weeks, the leaves have been slowly changing. It's still a little early for great color, but it's getting there as you can see by my shots (above) from this past weekend. Along the lakeshore, especially in Lorain, the leaves are still largely green, but if you head a little bit south, there's some terrific color here and there.

Fall always makes me want to go for a Sunday drive, and I've already been to Hillcrest Orchards out on State Route 113 twice for apples. We love the honeycrisps and have already eaten a whole bag of them. They're not cheap, but boy are they good. (By the way, Hillcrest Orchards was featured in a recent Morning Journal article. If you missed it, here's a link to it.)

I've also been out with my camera each weekend, scouting fall foliage around Brownhelm Township. It's one of my favorite destinations, because it's such a quaint, beautiful place that's managed to retain its historic character.

I've also been working on some posts related to Brownhelm Township, which is why I was in the cemetery there Saturday afternoon. Fortunately there was some nice color on Sunnyside Road, which runs alongside the cemetery.



Looking north on Sunnyside Road this past Saturday



2 comments:

crowryche said...

Looking forward to your Brownhelm posts. I grew up there and have family in the area still. I'd Be happy to share any info if you need it.
Dave Beko

Dan Brady said...

Thanks, Dave! What a great area to grow up in!

I just have a couple of vintage articles with some interesting stuff that I'm going to post.