Monday, October 3, 2011

October 1, 1966 Passing Scene

Readers of this blog know that I'm a big fan of the old The Passing Scene comic drawn by Gene Patrick that used to run in the Journal on Saturdays in the 1960's and 70's, and here's another one. It's from Saturday, October 1, 1966 – 45 years ago. (Click on it so you can read it.)

The first panel of the comic mentions the classic Batman TV series that (according to this Wiki entry) ran on ABC for two and a half seasons. I just remember that it ran twice a week, on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and that my brothers and I loved it. (Here's a great blog with a list and pictures of all the TV show's villains.)

Also of interest is the October 1966 opening of my wife's alma mater, Lorain County Community College. Incidentally, I had no idea that it was the first community college in Ohio with a permanent campus, warranting an Ohio Historical Marker.

No comments: