Friday, August 12, 2011

Cedar Point Then and Now Part 2


I've mentioned in this blog before how my family used to hang out over by the games area right before we left Cedar Point, to maybe ride the Space Spiral for a night view, or get some cotton candy to eat on the way to the car. That twilight image on the postcard above really takes me back to the good old days of going to Cedar Point with my family. It evokes the feeling of a boardwalk by an old-fashioned amusement park, such as Coney Island or Palisades Park.

During my day at Cedar Point last Sunday, however, I was pooped by 6:30 and hankering to leave – so there was to be no lingering by the Fascination building after dark. In fact, the building is quite different now anyways (below).

I hate the fact that Cedar Point looks so cluttered now throughout the park, with too many rides crammed into tight spaces. A lot (if not most) of the old-time park atmosphere is lost forever, sacrificed in the name of entertainment.

4 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

I remember that Fascination game SO well! Not that I played it...I just recall the loud sounds & bright lights. Great memories!

Randall Chet said...

So true - I was a pretty good pitcher in my day and my brother and sister would give me what was left of their money at the end of the day to try to win a stuffed animal for them at the "knock do the kitties" game on the way out. So much fun

Randall Chet said...

The other thing I missed last time were the sky cars.

Mark said...

We have season passes and go every couple weeks. The great thing about the old rides is that there is hardly ever a wait....and yes, cedar point is way too cluttered now and days