Saturday, May 14, 2011

Don't Forget Dog 'n Suds!


A few days ago I was blogging about A&W Drive-ins and I realized that I hadn't made any mention of Dog 'n Suds yet this year! (If you use the 'search' box at the top of this blog and type in 'Dog 'n Suds', you'll see by the number of archived posts that pop up that, along with Bob's Donuts, it's been one of my favorite topics since this blog began!)

So here is my annual reminder that if you like the idea of an old-time drive-in with carhops, be sure to support our own local icon, Ilene's Dog 'n Suds on North Ridge Road. I was out there this week to pick up a jug of root beer (I already had the hot dogs at home – leftovers from a Mother's Day cookout).
Current ads say that the drive-in is celebrating their 50th Anniversary with specials that run May 9 - 21st. The surprising thing is that they have a lot of interesting menu items, including a kielbasa & kraut dinner and even rice and beans!

So here's hoping Ilene's Dog 'n Suds is around for another fifty years!
****
For those of you that were wondering on Friday morning – "Hey, where's the usual Friday post?" – Blogger (the whole website that so many of us use to create these blogs) was down beginning Thursday night and all day Friday, so I couldn't even log in or anything! Click here for details.

No comments: