Monday, December 6, 2010

Bye Bye Farmhouses Part 2


Here's another farmhouse and farm that I just had to document with a photograph this past weekend. I first noticed it a few months ago when I began to drop off some of my clothes at the dry cleaner on Pin Oak Parkway. However, I had to wait until a weekend with nice weather rolled around so I could get a nice morning shot, since the house is on the west side of the street, facing east.

The house is at the intersection of Moore Road and Pin Oak Parkway in Avon Lake,  just a few minutes away from the other farmhouses on Route 611 that I mentioned yesterday.


I kind of like the house – it has a lot of character. According to the Lorain County Auditor's website, it was built in 1930. It's interesting that none of the windows on the main house are centered on the wall (at least from the outside).

I was wondering how I was going to be able to find out its address to do a little research, since I couldn't detect any numbers on the house. Fortunately it still had a mailbox (of sorts).


Here's an aerial shot of the property, courtesy of the Bing website.


God willing, I'll revisit both of these 'doomed farmhouse' posts sometime in the future!

No comments: