Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School: Charleston Elementary School

Starting tomorrow, I turn back the hands of time with a multi-part blog series about my old elementary school: Charleston Elementary School in Lorain, Ohio.

Built in the late 1950's, Charleston was a classic one-story brick building, the likes of which isn't being built any more. Nowadays, it seems like too much attention is paid to how new the building is, and whether or not it has all the high-tech bells and whistles.

But school is about much more than buildings – it's all about the teachers. At least it used to be. And in the second and third part of the series, you'll meet two of my most memorable teachers – who also happen to be the first teachers I ever had.

So I'll see you tomorrow – and don't forget your cigar box containing paste, scissors, plastic ruler, and big fat stubby pencil!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went there!!! 1st thru 5th!!!!!

Hoy hoy,
Jeff Rash